Old 12-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Sue Begg

In message , pied piper
writes

"kate morgan" wrote in message
om...
I have a half acre paddock that I want cutting. it is flat and not very
long just one or two patches which have got a bit tufty. I want the grass
picking up as our little old pony goes in there during the day.My son in
law usually does it but he is not available at the moment. it took him two
hours approx,
The point of my post is that a guy came to look at it yesterday and quoted
£100, I think that is a bit much or am I out of touch with prices.
kate

I think its a reasonable price seeing that u want the grass picked up also
remember the guy has to supply machinery and fuel as well as transportation
of machinery

It's not often I employ gardeners because I do it myself. But on a
couple of occasions when the nettles have got out of hand we have got a
man with his own strimmer to come and do them. He charges £20 an hour,
but does a very good job. The first time he came he did the areas I
asked and asked for £10 because it hadn't taken long. He got £20 anyway
honesty does pay !!
I cut an acre and a half of lawn - hmm grass :-)) It takes me about an
hour and a half and that is with the grass collected and dumped in a
pile.
Even allowing for petrol - 1/2 gallon - £2 and depreciation of his
machinery it sounds like a rate of pay I would like to earn. Can I do it
for half the price please :-))
--
Sue Begg

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!