Old 12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Jupiter

On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:45:37 +0100, bigboard
wrote:

BAC wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from Jupiter contains these words:

Assuming he meant The Netherlands and not East Anglia?

Is Lincolnshire (Lindsey, Kesteven and Holland) in East Anglia?

Dunno, but there's a Holland in Essex, between Clacton and Frinton.

Next question, is all of Essex classed as East Anglia?

I think it was historically. Parts of it are now part of Greater London.

However, I have disowned all of Essex south of Chelmsford, and am currently
fighting as part of a revolutionary cell to win independence for North
Essex. Most of us in the North of the county usually reply rather vaguely
when asked where we are from as being from "the Essex/Suffolk borders".
North and south Essex are as alike as Glasgow and Kuala Lumpur.

So to stop ranting and answer your question: No, but part of it is!

Cede the nice parts like Saffron Walden to Suffolk and be done with
it. Leave the rest for the tight jeans and white stilettos.

(Hertfordshire Resident...)