Old 13-05-2005, 02:25 AM

Bill Stock wrote:
The Tropica site lists certain plants as "very high light"

requirements.
Anyone care to hazard a guess how this translates to WPG? I'm

assuming
somewhere close to 6 WPG?

I've yet to see a plant I cannot grow well at 2-3w a gallon.
All aquatic plants are for the most part, low light plants.

Yuo are welcomed to suggest a plant that cannot be grown at 2 w/gal,
I've grown close to 250-300species of aquatic plants over the years.
I've yet to meet one that does not do well at 2 watt gal.

I will say this: more light is not better.
More light= faster growth = faster uptake =more pruning and more chance
of algae.

Regards,
Tom Barr