Old 12-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Harold Walker

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Harold Walker wrote:

As I remember from my poaching days back in the early 50's and my BSA
0.22
air rifle the 350 sounds like the right number.....typically the O.22 is a
slower speed than the .177 ...a lot of the more recent models have a
higher
velocity than those back in the 50's...........H

If I recall, it was stated that the maximum legal muzzle velocity of
a .177 was 500/550 fps, which matches 350 for a .22. What I don't
understand is why it should be higher now.

Your numbers are correct Nick for some of the older guns....we have no limit
on the power of airguns over here....the 0.22 model made by the company is
higher than the 350....it is around 700fps....the compression spring on the
one I have is more powerful than the one to which you refer at
550fps...........H
Regards,
Nick Maclaren.