Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Kay

In article , Phil L
writes
Sally Thompson wrote:
:: Saw our first grass snake of the year today up near our stream.
:: Hadn't seen one since the year we were building, despite the
:: helpful piles of dried grass around with "vacant" signs.
:: Fabulous! You can't beat it. I have been amazed at the fact that
:: some people have never seen such things in the wild - we even had
:: some people staying who had never seen real frog spawn - only on
:: television. Sad, isn't it. We feel very blessed.
:: It must finally be getting warmer...

I stumbled upon an adder when I was a kid...walking along some seatop cliffs
in N Wales, young me finds a 'rabbit' hole and peers down it, an adder
(about 4ft 6 long and two inches thick!) shot from behind me, between my
open legs and down the hole....this is the only wild snake I've ever seen in
the UK.

That's too large for an adder! Or is it just that adders, like
everything else, shrink when you're a grown-up ;-)
--
Kay