Old 13-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Alan Gabriel

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

Make sure that you have not been using tap water~ If you have, then
just the slightest amount of Iodine might correct matters. Just dip a
matchstick in the Iodine and float in the water. Metamorphosis requires
thyroxine which is a compound involving Iodine.
Tap water might be deficient~~ Try more of the original pond water. Have
a large stone in the tank that protrudes above water level.
Remember that very,very few tadpoles do make it to maturity. Much
fewer than one per mass of spawn.
Best Wishes Brian.

That takes me back to when I was a child, many moons ago. I had a bowl of
tadpoles on the windowledge.

I hadn't been very well and when the doctor came he said I could add a drop
of iodine to their water and it would make them grow.

I added some iodine and sure enough the doubled in size within a few days.

I was so impressed I added a few more drops and they grew some more.

In went some more iodine and they exploded (

--
Regards,
Alan

Preserve wildlife - pickle a SQUIRREL to reply.