Old 13-05-2005, 04:24 AM
Suzy O

Thanks for the heads up on squirrels and red. I never put the 2 together,
but now that you mention it .... Those miserable rats with fuzzy tails
chomped off my red tulips before they opened, regularly pick tomato after
tomato, taking 1 bite and leaving the rest on the ground to rot, and devour
the inside fruit of my my Chinese lanterns just as they color up. Danged
varmits!!!!

Suzy O, Zone 5

"Richard" wrote in message
2...
"\"Fragile Warrior\" Volfie" wrote in
:

"Jack" wrote in message
In my neighborhood, we call squirrels 'little *******s' for what they
do to the tulips.

Okay, squirrels it is. Does anyone have a theory about the snipping
of yon tulip heads by the miserable, fuzzy tailed rodents?

Giselle (is it just some teen-squirrel rite of passage perhaps? Akin
with smacking mailboxes with baseball bats and TPing trees for human
youth?)

Are the tulips mostly red shades? Around here the 'furry-tailed rats' are
really attracted to reddish objects, mostly my neighbor's lily buds and
ripening tomatoes.