Old 13-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Paul Taylor

On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:43:07 +0000, Phil L wrote:

t must finally be getting warmer...

I stumbled upon an adder when I was a kid...walking along some seatop cliffs
in N Wales, young me finds a 'rabbit' hole and peers down it, an adder
(about 4ft 6 long and two inches thick!) shot from behind me, between my
open legs and down the hole....this is the only wild snake I've ever seen in
the UK.

I ran over a grass snake on my bike when I was a kid - it was a bit of a
shock at the time as it just appeared from the bushes. I looked around but
it had gone. Not sure what damage I would have done to it. That was also
in N Wales!

--
Remove _rem_ before replying by email.