Old 13-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Farm1

Oh blast!

I've found the other pages now with the horse poop bits! In self defence I
plead that I'm practicing for when those senior's moments become a daily
occurance.

OK stream of thought stuff now!

One thing we've decided we need to do here Pete is to plant more big trees
to get shade. The sodding sun is a major problem here and we've noticed
that the only green bits in summer are under the exotic trees or the shade
cloth or on the south side of something like a climber or a fence or the
house etc. I know that idea won't work in a veg patch but a modification on
that theme might work. Can you grow wattles for the green slash to use as a
mulch/cover on top of the soil? The reason why I ask is because you seem to
be getting some really goos soil building going but come summer all those
poor goobies working for you in doing all the work in the soil will be baked
to a cinder.

On another strand of thought - do you have any Prickly Pear plants for the
fruit? Or is that plant a problem there? Have you or anyone else tried the
fruit? I'm thinking of giving it a go here when I can sneak a plant in past
Himself.

Fran