Old 13-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Doug Kanter

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Doug Kanter said:

http://cards.webshots.com/cp-9933098...43915986jGrvsy

That link leads to some pictures of a plant that came with my house. I
can't
identify it. Leaves look like carrot or parsley or even a fern (sort of),
stem growth habit is similar to fennel. The plant remained lively through
the entire winter, surrounded by snow, in temps down to zero. But, it

seems
like a tender plant that should not have survived under those conditions.
It's now 4 feet tall. What is it???

I think it's a member of the Parsley family.

It sure looks like it, doesn't it, especially the way the new stems come out
of the previous ones. Just....50 times bigger in all dimensions.

The leaves look too finely divided to be wild parsnip or hogweed or
lovage.

Yeah....the hogweed leaves seem to be more palmate, like oak or maple.

My best guess would be poison hemlock.

Oh great....pass the ammo. :-)

If you let it go to flower, that would help with an ID

We shall see. I'll be emailing pictures to the nearest NY DEC office today.