Old 13-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Leon Trollski

"presley" wrote in message
I've had better success with some bulbs naturalizing in lawns than others.
Crocus seems to come back pretty reliably. I had chionodoxa for 3 years,

but
each year it got less and less vigorous and finally died out. Tulips will
come back IF the foliage is not mowed before late May. Obviously, if you
want a neat looking lawn, only the very earliest bulbs will naturalize in
them, because the rule of thumb is that a bulb must keep its foliage for

at
least 6 weeks after blooming in order to store enough food to bloom the
following year. A bulb that blooms in February will have a better chance
than a bulb that blooms at the end of April of the beginning of May,

because
the lawn will look like a wild pasture if left unmowed until early June.
"Ornata" wrote in message

If I can convince She Who Must Be Obeyed, I'm gonna try chionodoxa, scilla,
pushkinia, and muscari.