Old 13-05-2005, 03:01 PM
JamesG

Default Pond Devastation (advice requested )

Dear Pond group,
I had gotten my pond set-up really nicely. The plants were good sized,
the fish were happy, the ornaments around the pond were placed where I
wanted them. And then...
This morning I went out there expecting to get my normal relaxing look
at my pond and saw devastation. It looks like a racoon went nuts. The
plants are all trashed. Some of my goldfish were killed. The pump had
to be adjusted. I was depressed. My questions a
1) Can I use pieces of the plants that are left to root the cuttings?
What is the best way to do this? I have rooting hormone and was
thinking about doing this.
2)For plants that have injured leaves, stalks etc, is it better to cut
below the injury and let it regrow from there?
3) How do I keep this from happening again? I am figuring a fence
won't stop a racoon. Are there any smells that deter them?

Thank you for any help that you can offer. This is actually pretty sad
for me since I go out to the pond a lot to relax and enjoy it a lot.

James