Old 13-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Harold Walker

"Clive in Kent @hotmail.com" cliverholdenremove wrote in message
Many thanks, guys, for all the replies and suggestions (especially the
yummy recipe!). Never anticipated such a huge response!

Just to address a couple of points:
a) I'm not a total novice to air-guns, just a little "rusty". Used to use
one to shoot rats and other vermin on my uncle's farm when a teenager,
many years ago!

b) Not looking to exterminate the entire wildlife population to protect my
plants. I'm looking to get rid of the pigeons and squirrels who are taking
up all the "goodies" I leave out for the blackbirds, sparrows, tits and
other various, very welcome and non verminous wildbirds that visit. I have
a huge wood at the bottom of my garden full of said pigeons and squirrels
and would rather them stay there than start infesting my garden and
eventually my house! If you've ever had a squirrel in your roofspace you
know what I'm talking about!

Clive in Kent

Better than bats on one's belfrey......altho the quirrels are a bluddy pest
they can be quite interesting with their habits...we have loads of fun
watching them....we too have woods at the bottom of our garden....the little
red squirrels are darlings to watch....almost as fun to watch as the
chipmunks....both take peanuts from our hands or laps.....oh, by no means am
I against shooting unwanted invaders...am an old hand with a gun....used to
be a qualified marksman in the Royal Navy.....still like to practice with my
favorite being rabbits and groundhogs which are worse for the garden than a
whole bunch of crows or squirrels or what have you..........H