Old 13-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sally Thompson contains these words:

Saw our first grass snake of the year today up near our stream.
Hadn't seen one since the year we were building, despite the helpful
piles of dried grass around with "vacant" signs. Fabulous! You can't
beat it. I have been amazed at the fact that some people have never
seen such things in the wild - we even had some people staying who had
never seen real frog spawn - only on television. Sad, isn't it. We
feel very blessed.
It must finally be getting warmer...

In my mid teens I was rarely without a pet snake. I had an adder when I
was about fifteen: all I had to do was to open his vivarium and put my
hand in, and he's come and wrap himself amongst my fingers. (I told the
parents he was a grass-snake...)

On the rifle range we used to use, adders abound. It's heathland beside
and in front of forestry, and all sorts of interesting wildlife appears.
It's not unusual to see a silver-studded blue there.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/