Old 13-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Cheryl" contains these words:

About a month ago I took some frogspawn out of my fish pond and took it into
my classroom at school for the kids to watch grow. I put it in a small glass
tank and the kids have really enjoyed caring for them.
However the tadpole have seemed to just stopped growing!
I can see clearly see thier eyes, mouth ect but no sign of any legs yet. I
have been giving them some flake fish food that we give the goldfish which
they seem to enjoy.

Any ideas how we can get them to grow! how long does it take?

Im sure last years taddies didnt take this long!

I see Iodine has already been covered, but you should be aware that
tadpoles require animal matter (small things like daphnia, water fleas,
pieces of meat, etc) in order to mature.

If you restrict them to a vegetarian diet they will remain in the larval
stage for life.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/