Old 13-05-2005, 04:44 PM
paghat

In article , Ann
wrote:

(paghat) expounded:

#1 cause of failure to bloom is insufficient sunlight. Ideally they have
morning AND afternoon sun; morning sun alone could well be insufficient.

I guess all the lilacs I've seen around here in partial shade or
planted in a dooryard getting only partial day sun haven't heard this
rule yet. Yes, the prefer sun, but they do find with part-day sun and
filtered shade.

The newer cultivars are the most forgiving. But if you're merely telling
us that in Ookook Land nobody has has ever had any trouble getting lilacs
to bloom, then wow, that's such very special place.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html