Old 13-05-2005, 08:56 PM
Travis

Hello!

I'm thinking of planting some bamboo as a screen in my back yard
(with a barrier, of course). My girlfriend's mother has a
substantial grove in her backyard, so I've obviously thought about
simply transplanting from there -- she'd be happy to get rid of
some of it!

I'd like to know what kind it is, however, and I've had trouble
figuring that out. I'm pretty sure it's in the Phyllostachys genus,
but I'm not sure what species it is.

What are some key thing to look for to help ID it? I can take some
digital photos and email them to anyone willing to give it a shot!

Thanks!

Post the photos to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.
Bamboo is very difficult to id even by experts. Flowers would help in
the identification but they rarely flower.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5