Old 13-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Nick Maclaren wrote:

Moving a mass of a pound the distance of a foot isn't a measure
of energy. At a naive guess, it would mean a foot-pound(force),
a.k.a. a foot-poundall, or a foot-pound(weight). But another,
equally important, question is how it is specified to be measured
(which is where my remark about BHP comes in).

What's the difficulty with BHP? Almost self-explanatory.

Yes, I thought I'd leave that for later.

I think Nick must mean 'horsepower', which used to be measured by the
length of stroke of the piston(s).

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/