Old 14-05-2005, 02:22 AM

On 13-May-2005, wrote:

In a previous
thread, you claimed all that was needed was seed and water.

I don't really want to get sucked into this but to be fair Doug did say that
he used lime and fertilizer every couple years I believe.
Fertilizer, to my not really educated in gardening self, is simply adding
nitrogen, right? There must be reasonably "clean" ways of adding nitrogen
to the soil. After all the nitrogen cycle on earth has been going for
millions of years w/o producing toxic chemicals. Manure comes to mind.

but really... both of you must have better things to do than to get into
nasty arguments w/a total stranger.