Old 14-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Vox Humana

"Jack" wrote in message news:bbche.43$Vu6.29@trndny03...
Since the web changes everyday, I thought I should ask this question

again,
even though I did a google search....
For those buying plants online, where have you gone from shrubs, etc.
Looking for recs, and those to avoid.
Thanks for your time.

Unless you are looking for tiny shrubs in 4 inch pots, I can't see buying
them online. The shipping charge for a decent sized shrub in a three or
five gallon container would be more than the plant is worth in most cases.
I've not had great luck buying bare root plants by mail.

If you are looking for perennials, I would recommend Bluestone Perennials.
There are lots of specialty places for things like peonies (Songsparrow
Nursery) and daylilies.