Old 14-05-2005, 12:04 AM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 17:04:19 -0400 in Kenni Judd wrote:
I would like to hear the concensus of those who post here concerning this
topic. I'm not asking anyone to "name names" but I would like to know:

If you place an order, receive it, and are not happy with it, for whatever
reason, what do you want the grower to do?

Our own policy is to apologize [whether or not we think we did anything
wrong G], and ask that the unsatisfactory plants be returned, whereupon we
will issue a full refund including the return postage. Fortunately for us,
it's a rare occurence, but I'm still curious.

What say all of you? What more would you expect, if anything?

Beyond bad plants, there are some things I expect.
1) Notify the customer upon shipment. Do not depend on Fedex
to successfully send the email with the tracking information.
2) Make sure that your ordering system doesn't arbitrarily truncate
or convert customer data. Email addresses can be exceedingly long.
Phone numbers may be international or have an extension or use
non-standard separators.

Now, plant specific....

The only orchid I've ordered mailorder that came in extremely poor condition,
the grower realized this plant was in ppor health and sent an extra plant
to begin with.
I will order from this vendor again, but I'm going to need more room first :-).

I recently received some Plantanthera Blephariglottis (Ooops, I essentially
named names), of which one did have some sort of an infection on the leaf.
That seems to have subsided with an application of physan. Because
the value of the plant is less than shipping costs, I don't see the
point of returning if the plant dies within the next week.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil