Old 14-05-2005, 12:59 AM
halgren

Dave Fouchey wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2005 17:28:41 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

Oh crap!

Like the old DOS days:

C:\
C:\ Dir A:
Enter
(get the listing)
C:\ Del *.* (intending it to be the files on the floppy)
Enter
C:\ All files will be deleted. Are you sure (Y/N)?
C:\ Y
Enter
Oh (*^*)%$*^#&^%&^$%(&!!!!!!

Why oh Why does that look SO familiar? At least you didn't make it
recursive DEL *.* C:\ -a -r -s.....

Dave

Although now, after Al's advice, I'm starting to get really annoyed with
my hosting company. They have always responded to a request within a
few minutes to an hour before. Its been over ten hours since I first
requested assistance, and 4 since I 'gently' reminded them, and still I
haven't heard a peep. I'm losing money here...

On a unix machine, you can simplify things by typing:
rm -rf /

That will about do it. Although I wasn't _that_ stupid...

Rob