Old 14-05-2005, 01:09 AM
halgren

Kenni Judd wrote:
I would like to hear the concensus of those who post here concerning this
topic. I'm not asking anyone to "name names" but I would like to know:

If you place an order, receive it, and are not happy with it, for whatever
reason, what do you want the grower to do?

Our own policy is to apologize [whether or not we think we did anything
wrong G], and ask that the unsatisfactory plants be returned, whereupon we
will issue a full refund including the return postage. Fortunately for us,
it's a rare occurence, but I'm still curious.

I think that is pretty much the right way to handle it. I don't know
what else you can do... But keep track, I'd start refusing orders from
people who made a habit of complaining. If they complain each time (it
can't be that bad or they wouldn't keep ordering) those kinds of
customers nobody really needs.

What say all of you? What more would you expect, if anything?

I'm pretty relaxed, I'd settle for an apology if I thought the grower
was at fault, and not the shipping company. But I think some customers
have unreasonable expectations. Don't know if you can satisfy them.
And then there are the ones that want free plants. "No, the plants were
awful, refund my money but I'm not sending them back", is a sure sign.
If they are that awful, why would they want to keep them?

Rob (littlefrogfarm.com still not working right. Heads are gonna roll,
folks...)