Old 13-05-2005, 10:56 PM
shazzbat

wrote in message
I am newly retired and I am finding the soil in my back garden too
heavy to work. I am now racked with pain. Planting is ok, but working
the soil is too much.

One solution would be to get someone in to break up the soil each
Spring but I have just read that grit would be a solution but I wonder
where to get it. I think I would need too much for it to come in bags
at a reasonable price.

I live near South West Manchester. Could anyone advise me on how and
where to get grit and how much it costs?

Best wishes

Colin

Look in your yellow pages for sand and gravel suppliers.

Steve