Old 13-05-2005, 11:50 PM
Ben Clay

My vague recollection is that Mr T recommended a harsh pruning but I, too,
would like to hear the preceived wisdom. I have two small box bushes - one
green/bright green, the other green/brown. The problem started a couple of
months ago. I better rephrase that: the problem became noticable a couple of
months ago.

Ben
(on a top posting mission)

wrote in message
oups.com...
I planted a small (10m or so) row of box to create a hedge round my
patio last year. I used about 16 plants that, at the time, were around
a foot high. Some of them are doing fine (I have trimmed them
faithfully) but others got brown leaves and went quite spindly. I
understand this to be 'box blight'. This happened towards the end of
last year and I had been planning to replace the injured plants with
new ones.

Since then, they seem to have put on a bit of green and although still
smaller than their healthy brethren, they look to be getting better.

My question is - is it possible to recover from box blight, or is it
terminal? ISTR Mr Titchmarsh saying on one program or another that the
best remedy is to replace the plant, but if they will recover then I'd
rather leave them.

All advice gratefully accepted.

Andy.