Old 14-05-2005, 05:57 AM

Sure, it's the nutrients.

Not the light.

Use more KNO3, KH2PO4(can induce flowing by adding more of this and
backing off the KNO3), and traces.

It does well if you thin it out as needed and make sure there are
enough NO3 present.
We raise it to grow biocontrol weevils, it's a noxious weed in the
delta in CA.
But because pond folks like it so much and businesses can make $ on it,
they allow it to be legal.

The delta is surrounded by what? Farmland, and the runoff = rich
nutrients=horrid weed problems.

The issue with the biocontrol: they don't do well in the colder winters
here, but do well in Africa and other warmer areas, we cannot raise the
weeviles on artifical media, so we have to grow the weed and then pick
the little critters off the plants by hand.
I am lucky, I don't have to deal with that:-)

All we do, add some miracle grow to the tubs, change the water once a
month.

Regards,
Tom Barr

3rd annual Plant Fest July 8-14th 2005!