Old 14-05-2005, 03:12 AM
Vox Humana

"Jack" wrote in message news:G6che.248$_f7.75@trndny01...
I planted 20 leylands last spring from Home Depot. They seemed to make it
through the winter, but now, most seem to be dying. I thought it was wind
burn, but its not. I think I know what she is talking about. They

started
dying right after the last snow storm here in early april. Zone 5.
I am seeing the tips of the plant getting very tan looking, then dying off
completely.

I have done some research on Leyland Cypress because I am in need of a good
screen in one area. After reading a number of website, it was my conclusion
that Leyland Cypress was not reliably hearty in zone 6. I am not surprised
that it isn't doing well in zone 5.