Old 14-05-2005, 03:20 AM
paghat

In article , Mark
Anderson wrote:

I have this indoor evergreen plant (I don't know its name) that was the
center plant in this picture

http://www.brandylion.com/images/indoor_plants.jpg

This pic was taken a few years ago when it was in pretty bad shape. Now
it's about double that size and relatively healthy but became root bound
in its pot. Today I transplanted it into its new, larger pot and I
screwed up and half of the root ball fell off. I should have been more
careful. Anyway, now that it is in a much larger pot with only half a
root ball, is there anything I should do to make sure this plant doesn't
go into shock and die on me? It looks fine now but I just did the
botched transplant operation a few hours ago.

Seems to me that if part of the rootball just fell off, it wasn't a very
important part of the root. But as for transplant shock, a feeding of
Vitamin B should help.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he