Old 14-05-2005, 10:10 AM
Mike

Thank you for so much help.

It looks as though compost is the best bet. I have three composters
and until last year used to compost everything. But then we lost the
habit while we were having a new kitchen put in and we never got the
habit back. I'll use some old compost and be on the look out for
mushroom compost in bulk.

Hi Colin, I live in the Isle of Wight which I know is as much use to you as
a Chocolate Teapot, BUT, our Council have a wonderful waste service which
incorporates a composting service. All the world and their sons take their
garden waste to a depot, chuck it over the wall, a huge shovel loader scoops
it up and puts it into a shredder to cry about, it automatically heaps it
all up nice and shredded, they cart it away, sort it, they then must leave
it for quite some time, bag it and sell it. I 'believe', (have to careful on
this newsgroup about telling fibs), but I believe they do sell it in bulk.
Get in touch with the people who do your waste and see what can be done. Got
room for a tipper lorry to dump you a load?

Then let the worms do the rest ;-))

Mike