Old 14-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:

Depends, I suppose, on whether you're planning to eat what you find. If
I'm eating a mushroom that I haven't tried before, I like to check the
identification in at least two books. I use Marcel Bon 'Mushrooms and
toadstools of britain and NW Europe' for drawings and keys, and Phillips
for photos.

If you get a chance, have a look at Wayside and Woodland Fungi (Warne)
by W.P.K.Findlay, and illustrated (posthumously) with drawings and
paintings done early in life, by Beatrix Potter, and by two other
artists.

I was lucky enough to get it for £14.50 - a first reprint (1978). If you
come across a first edition/impression of 1967 for a reasonable price,
snap it up.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/