Old 14-05-2005, 07:24 PM
Elaine T

Bill Stock wrote:

The new root shoots are white spines, before they fill in with the lush
purple you're talking about. I can't imagine what nutrient they're missing,
they get lots of Potash, Trace Elements and Nitrates. Perhaps they're
lacking magnesium.

It was more of an experiment than anything else to keep these things. I just
hope the pond warms up soon, before they all die.

Ah - I haven't seen the roots much, other than when I break off
offshoots to give away or sell.

I am not looking forward to overwintering my water letttuce and water
hyacinth for the first time this fall. Fortunately, I'll only have to
keep it indoors for about 4 months. I think it will go in a heated tub
with a shoplight overhead.

I hope you and Tom are right about the phosphate if there's plenty of
potash.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__