Old 14-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Reel McKoi

wrote in message
ups.com...
Last week I wrote to Scott's who makes a wide variety of chemicals and
fertilizers. Here is what they replied to my question about
Miracle-Gro.

===================
I myself use the Jobe spikes and know they are safe to use in the potted
pond plant's containers. I'm sure if they were unsafe the tender young fry
and newborn toads and frogs would be sickened or killed. I personally never
used any other spikes around my fish and ponds. I've used Miracle Grow
powder in some plant propagation tanks and the snails weren't harmed but
there were no fish in them at the time. But now I wont do that either if it
may be unsafe for water creatures.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
EVERYONE: