Old 14-05-2005, 11:59 PM
pete

Chookie wrote:
In article ,
pete wrote:

I wont be planting any gums thats a definite, I need every bit of rain
and although I know gums would suck up plenty of that saline water table
I can't afford for em to steal me precious rainwater.... but there will
definitely be trees both native and exotic fruiting.

Do you have a local melaleuca species you can use for shade? Not so aggro
with the roots as gums might be, tend to be very salt/wind tolerant, and you
can use the brush for your shade house later on. Though I think some of them
tend to prevent anything else from growing around them (is it called
allopathic?).

Hiya Chookie
The Melaleuca idea might be a winner, we have one which seems pretty
common it may be M.halmaturorum ??? they seem pretty slow growing I
"think" I have one of these outside my front window and its very hardy,
doesnt get much water and yet looks very healthy, so you may be right Thanks

This one doesen't actually have the "Brush" type of foliage like some of
the finer ones .. here is a link to a pic of one
http://www.deltaenvironmental.com.au...ra/mhalmat.htm

Pete