Old 14-05-2005, 11:51 PM
Jim Lewis

I recently bought a seedling (?) of Celtis occidentalis forma pumila. It is
supposedly a dwarf form with small leaves. I was going to use it for
landscaping & changed my mind. It is 2 feet tall, 1/4" caliper, with a few leafy
branches at the top. I put it in the growing bed. Is it worth bothering with? Should
I chop it back to get taper or just let it grow for now? Will I live long
enough for it to accomplish something?
Iris

Go for it. They make nice bonsai, and one with smaller
leaves will be perfect. Chop away. It should sprout new
branches everywhere.

Jim Lewis -
- Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Sue Crabtree++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++