Old 14-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Many years ago I used to graft a desease resistant tomato root stock
on to a
Moneymaker tomato plant. This day and age I buy desease resistant plants.
Out of curiosity am wondering if anyone grafts tomato plants these
days....HW

Yes, but why bother with Moneymaker? I'd happily see the whole variety
succumb to disease.

I 'grafted' some carefully pinched-out laterals on to potato stems one
year, and got spuds underneath and tomatoes on top, but the results
weren't worth a repeat trial.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/