Old 14-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Gary Woods contains these words:
"Harold Walker" wrote:

Out of curiosity am wondering if anyone grafts tomato plants these
days....HW

The only thing I've seen is U.S newspaper adverts for "THE AMAZING
POMATO!!! GROWS TOMATOES ON THE TOP AND POTATOES UNDERGROUND!!"

Those damned rays! Allyhats on, everybody.

Grafted, of course, and neither part as productive as separate plants.
Always touted as some marvelous new breakthrough. But maybe we colonials
are more gullible.

I found they were less productive than twice the area planted with spuds
and tomatoes would have been, and the tomatoes died off long before I
was ready for them to.

I'm still trying to get successful apple grafts, and they're supposed to be
dead easy.

Budding is easiest.

--
Rusty