Old 14-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Gary...."We" over here are far behind the 'Brits' when it comes to
gardening....I see things/methods/techniques being introduced over here as
being new 'discoveries'....perhaps new here but ancient over the other side
of the big pond.

(A personal belief....the best/most productive farmers in the world are in
the USA but as far as gardening is concerned that honor belongs to the
other
side of the water).

I wouldn't agree about farming. It's done on a much larger scale, true,
but have a look at yields per acre and I think you'll find the picture
changes.

Bearing in mind of course, that varieties suitable for growing 'Over
There' are not always ideal for 'Over Here'.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/