Old 15-05-2005, 02:18 PM
~Roy~

Can't really see any additional advantage to adding stone
dust.........unless you already have it and looking for a means to get
rid of it. Sometimes I wonder if it is a good idea to havbe the hole
into which a liner is placed permeable or not......but it may make it
more undesireable for any critters that like to dig.......

They sell what is called crush and run around here which is a very
very fine crushed stone with lots of dust and tailings, and nce its
wet and compacted through use, it becomes very very hard. SO perhaps
this stone dust would do the same and be counter to having a cushioned
surface under the liner..........

On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:09:03 -0400, "Richard Holub"
wrote:

===Iam about to start digging my pond and I have a question about the bottom
===fill. I am excavating approximately 4 feet deep of clay in a previously
===filled clay area. Prior to installing an underlayment to protect my liner I
===was thinking to put about 4-6 inchest of compacted stonedust covered with
===several inches of sand for extra protection. Any comments on the stonedust?
===
===Rich Holub
===