Old 15-05-2005, 04:43 PM
William W. Plummer

Rob Sullivan wrote:

Hello,
My lawn is infested with dandelions. Last summer I used this removal tool,
hoping that would remove the roots and get rid of them for good. Now this
spring my lawn is covered in dandelions again!

Any ideas on what I can do. I live in a subdivsion close to city water so
I'm looking for a safe way to kill them without using crazy pesticides.

As far as "crazy" pesticides, our lazy cat is fairly good at taking out
the chipmunks and voles. I don't know about "crazy" herbicides. I do
spot-applications of Bonide Broadleaf weed killer. It takes a few
years, but I probably had fewer than a dozen dandelions on an acre this
year. The herbicide also works well on ground ivy, ajuga and a number
of other weeds. As long as you don't broadcast it, there is no damage
done.