Old 15-05-2005, 04:24 PM
~Roy~

On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:40:34 -0400, "Glenn S."
wrote:

===~Roy~ wrote:

snip
===Sounds like an interesting idea but I would make sure that you have some
===uncovered area around the edge of the pond. You still need to make sure
===the bad gasses have a way to escape if there are live fish in the pond -
===otherwise they may not be live for long.

Yep, I don't have to worry about such an item where i live or for my
pond, but I recall a heap of folks that took all kinds of approaches
to knocking off wind and cold air from their ponds this past winter.
I would think if there was a few strategically placed openings in it,
and perhaps a space around the end of it to the pond sides it would
probably vent any gasses just fine.

I know of one that bought a mess of small inflatible beach balls and
literallay covered his pond with them........last I heard was it
appeared to work pretty good, but he did windup putting sheet plastic
over all the balls so wind did not blow them out.......