Old 15-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Tosh wrote:

Hi, just found this site, and am impressed. I am in West Cornwall &
have a tiny garden/yard. I'd like to grow a couple of potted/patio
fruit trees and would appreciate basic advice for a biginner.
I started off an apple tree from a pip last year. It is about 15/18"
high at the moment in new spring leaves, in a 6" pot.
How do I keep it small enough to keep in a pot,,, of maybe 18" diam ?
What other fruit or nut trees do readers advise, to be grown in the
same conditions ?

I grew a Feijoa sellowiana from seed, and can strongly recommend it.
It is evergreen, hardier than I expected (this is Cambridge!) and
the flowers are edible even it it doesn't fruit (as it probably won't).
The leaves are silvery underneath, too.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.