Old 15-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Phil L

Phil L wrote:
:: Aries wrote:
:::: Our neighbour has bought a birch tree which is already over 10
:::: feet high. He has planted it on his side of our boundary fence
:::: just 8 metres from the corner wall of our house.
::::
:::: What height will this tree attain ? is it a fast grower? And
:::: has he planted it too near to our property and if so why?
::
:: 'just 8 metres away'?...by my calculations that's well over 26ft,
:: as an example, we have two beech trees closer to the house than
:: that, one has a trunk circumference of 20 inches and the other
:: over 18 inches, the largest one is less than 7 feet away and the
:: 'smaller' one is about 12 feet away, are you sure you are not just
:: looking for 'ammo' in a long running dispute with your neighbour?
::

I read that as 'beech tree' for some reason, however the distances I quoted
are still correct, and we haven't had any trouble, either with drains or
subsidence.

:: --
:: You ain't nothing but a hedgehog, foraging all the time,
:: You ain't nothing but a hedgehog, foraging all the time,
:: Well you ain't never pricked a predator and you ain't no porcupine.