Old 15-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Neil Tonks

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
Aries wrote:
:: Our neighbour has bought a birch tree which is already over 10
:: feet high. He has planted it on his side of our boundary fence
:: just 8 metres from the corner wall of our house.
::
:: What height will this tree attain ? is it a fast grower? And has
:: he planted it too near to our property and if so why?

'just 8 metres away'?...by my calculations that's well over 26ft, as an
example, we have two beech trees closer to the house than that, one has a
trunk circumference of 20 inches and the other over 18 inches, the largest
one is less than 7 feet away and the 'smaller' one is about 12 feet away,
are you sure you are not just looking for 'ammo' in a long running dispute
with your neighbour?

To put this into context, we have some birches which are about nine metres
from our house. However, they're in the garden of the house on the other
side of the road!

Don't worry about them, they'll do you no harm and when they get a bit
taller, the sunlight shining through the new green leaves at this time of
year is a wonderful sight.

Neil.