Old 16-05-2005, 08:34 AM
HC

G'day Pete

While this won't help, I just thought I'd tell you what happened this
morning.

I was in my sewing/computer room and could hear a magpie singing softly
outside the window and on looking out it was one of the juveniles that
hatched this summer just gone. He/she was singing to the worms as
he/she pulled them out of the lawn.....sort of a serenade before dinner??

Anyway it made me smile and I watched the maggie for a while. Love
watching nature!

Bronwyn ;-)

peter wrote:
Hi all

My new garden needs revitalising, slowly, I am getting there.

I have worms around the garden, in the moist areas. The soil looks and
smells beautiful. The gardens have been neglected for years and I am fixing
them up.

What can I do to encourage the worms to return?
What can I do to encourage them to grow?

Do I need to 'worm farm' and then introduce them to the garden?

Any ideas welcome and cool.

Any site adresses would be cool to. I already googled, sort of.

Cheers

Pete