Old 16-05-2005, 07:30 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , MM
writes
On Sun, 15 May 2005 20:51:53 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

[1]
I always keep a drum of water in the GH so that it warms up on hot days, the
plants in there don't appreciate cold water too much.

This isn't such great news. I didn't know about the cold water effect.

Well it only really applies to plants in the GH, although I try to do
this, I can't say I've actually noticed any difference when I've used
cold water.

The water from the hose is certainly freezing cold. However, I am
watering my new lawn mainly.

Seed or turf?

Note that once it's established there is no need to water a lawn. In
hotter dryers times it will probably go a bit brown, but it will come
back again once it rains.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson,