Old 16-05-2005, 09:31 AM
peter

Hi Bronwyn,

That would have made a cool vid.
We have magpies all around our place, (5 acre NNSW), but none on our trees.
Great not having to worry about them when they get teritorial and all, but I
do wish we had them around, nonetheless.

We have five cats. That shouldn't worry maggies. Should it?

(my cat caught his first rabbit the other night. We have too many rabbits,
so this is cool. My plants near the house are not effected by rabbits.)

babble, babble.
peter
"HC" wrote in message
G'day Pete

While this won't help, I just thought I'd tell you what happened this
morning.

I was in my sewing/computer room and could hear a magpie singing softly
outside the window and on looking out it was one of the juveniles that
hatched this summer just gone. He/she was singing to the worms as he/she
pulled them out of the lawn.....sort of a serenade before dinner??

Anyway it made me smile and I watched the maggie for a while. Love
watching nature!

Bronwyn ;-)

peter wrote:
Hi all

My new garden needs revitalising, slowly, I am getting there.

I have worms around the garden, in the moist areas. The soil looks and
smells beautiful. The gardens have been neglected for years and I am
fixing them up.

What can I do to encourage the worms to return?
What can I do to encourage them to grow?

Do I need to 'worm farm' and then introduce them to the garden?

Any ideas welcome and cool.

Any site adresses would be cool to. I already googled, sort of.

Cheers

Pete