Old 16-05-2005, 01:15 PM
enigma

"ntantiques" wrote in
oups.com:

David Bockman wrote:

Possibly a fox. They like to lay up for part of the night
and let the

rodents come to them. I've observed Red Foxes here in
Virginia make 'daybeds' in my drifts of forget-me-nots and
other comfy groundcovers

that
affords them some camouflage as they await their next hot
meal.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

Hadn't thought of a fox, but it's a good possibility
especially since the depressed areas are very close to a
couple of fresh vole/mole tunnel openings. If a fox wants
to dine on those little devils, it's more than ok by me. As
long as he doesn't mess with the cats or become a
vegetarian, a fox would be welcome guest. Thanks for the
help

foxes will eat cats, but they'd have to be pretty hungry...
try encouraging one of your neighbors to keep free range
chickens. that'll keep your cats safe
lee