Old 16-05-2005, 02:38 PM
mike. buckley

In message , pammyT
writes
mike. buckley wrote:
Anybody got any use for Spearmint? I know that regular mint tastes
great on lamb :-), but I have loads of spearmint (kept for the scent)
and can't find any uses for it?

hang bunches in the home to deter flies. Put into your knicker drawer.
According to one of my herb books " spearmint is THE mint which is known to
every cook and housewife. Chopped leaves of spearmint are added to new
potatoes, green peas; put in summer wine cups;made into mint sauce and jelly
to eat with lamb. Fresh leaves can be mixed into potato salads, and added to
stuffings for poultry and rolled lamb. Spearmint added to mayonnaise for
seafoods adds a fresh summery taste".
Ordinary peppermint
"peppermint is NOT a culinary herb but one of the finest natural digestives
in existance.An infusion of peppermint tea will relieve indegestion and
digestive pains,is useful for morning sickness. Peppermint tea makes a
soothing bed time drink.
Other virtues, an infusion of peppermint and elderflowers and yarrow is
useful in cases of 'flu' and colds"
So there you have it. You have been using the wrong mint for your sauce.

Heresy! there is only one true mint sauce!

Ta for the other info though :-)

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2