Old 16-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
The plant is Norfolk Island Pine (Araucaria heterophylla) and can be grown
from cuttings so the loss of some of the root ball should be tolerated.
http://www.floridata.com/ref/a/arau_het.cfm has a lot of info on maintaining
this plant and Google can bring lots more on care as a house plant.
HTH -_- how

Thanks a lot for that website; it was very informative. Unfortunately,
mother nature has been a real b*tch this spring here in Chicago and we're
getting low temps below 40 (including a frost in the suburbs on the frost
free date of May 15!). It was good to know that that plant can't deal
with sub 40 temps so I had to lug that 100+ pound planter inside.
(-: