Old 16-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Bob Hobden

"Alan Gould" wrote uk...
Bob Hobden writes
Not tried "organic" chemicals for pest control so can't comment.

Chemicals such as insecticides, herbicides and fungicides are not used
in organic systems.

In a totally separate wildlife garden then OK.
Our site is a 9.6 acre wildlife garden except for 4 plots 2 of which are
ours so we don't have to think about giving wildlife somewhere, it's more
about fighting to keep wildlife off our plots/veg.

Each gardener to their own way of gardening. We work with nature and we
find it very rewarding. We would find it very stressful to fight nature.

Interesting comment when you just said you use "organic" chemicals to
control insect damage. No doubt you also use other methods like fleece,
cloches, netting etc all of which is fighting nature. Digging, weeding,
watering, pruning......is all fighting nature.

If we don't fight nature we would have no leeks (Leek Moth), no brassicas
(Flea Beatle) and no peas or beans (Pea & Bean Weevil). Doesn't leave much.
:-)

Mind you with the withdrawal of synthetic chemicals from the private
gardener we might all have to resort to "organic" chemicals of unknown
compounds and strength or give up growing our own food and buy Organic (TM).
Never!
--
Regards
Bob